Quality English and French Immersion Programs are Offered at Chelmsford Public School.
English Program Highlights
- Chelmsford P.S. offers a number of specialized programs to students in order to ensure student success and engagement: Core French is provided daily to Regular English Program students from grades four to six.
- Instrumental music, guitars are offered to students beginning in grade four.
- Special Education supports are offered to students through our special education resource teacher (SERT) and educational assistants.
- Technology education is a focus at Chelmsford P.S. and students have access to technology resources within the classroom and two portable iPad labs.
- Character development is a major focus at Chelmsford P.S. and our Student Parliament promotes positive characteristics and honours students for being caring, compassionate, contributing members of the Chelmsford P.S. community.
- “Balanced Day” schedule: students participate in two 40 minute nutrition and activity breaks throughout the day, rather than the traditional recesses and lunch hour. Hot lunches are available two days a week for a nominal fee. There is also a daily milk program.
- A Breakfast Nutrition Program run by staff and volunteers is provided free of charge between 8:40am to 9:40am thanks to a partnership with Better Beginnings Better Futures, staff and volunteers.
- Many extra-curricular activities and special events add richness to a student’s life at Chelmsford and are supported by a strong parent, staff and community partnership.
French Immersion Program Highlights
Children are naturally inclined to learn language.
- French Immersion is designed for English-speaking parents/guardians so they support their children in school.
- French Immersion, students learn to speak French through the study of other subjects. This enriches their vocabulary, develops their problem solving skills, and increases their opportunities to speak French in meaningful contexts.
- French Immersion provides students with an understanding of the cultures of French speaking societies by integrating cultural studies into daily language instruction. Students also develop strong fundamental skills in oral communication (listening and speaking) as well as reading and writing.
Rainbow School Programs
For more information on Rainbow Schools programs, please reference the links below.
Kindergarten and the Early Learning Program